Malai kofta recipe is a combination of paneer, potatoes, and species. Malai kofta is a very famous dish in India. Malai kofta curry is very creamy and aromatic gravy. Especially this malai kofta recipe Sanjeev Kapoor is a very famous dish in india. Sanjeev Kapoor is an Indian chef is very popular and famous in around the world. He is an admirable person in making a recipe.
Especially in north Indian side malai kofta. This recipe is a long preparation dish but it is easy to cook. Malai kofta is a very rich and richest tasty dish. Malai means creamy and kofta means balls mixture of paneer and potatoes. Malai kofta recipe is a creamy and saucy dish.
Malai kofta is a deliciously creamy dish to eat. Malai kofta is specially cooked in royal family parties and rich weddings, etc. malai kofta is a very is unique style to cook. Every chef is very interested to cook a malai kofta. Malai kofta is cook with basic ingredients. Taste of the malai kofta is unique by their combination potatoes and grated paneer.
The gravy of malai kofta curry is a juicy and crispy ball which is deep in rich gravy. While eating a kofta ball which is melted in the mouth. Many people love with malai kofta but think that malai kofta recipe is difficult to cook. By this malai kofta recipe is very easy to cook. Such a wonderful recipe I ever cook.
In malai kofta is also another type name is white malai kofta. White malai kofta is a very popular dish like malai kofta.
I tried this recipe at home with my brother but my brother did not help me to make malai kofta. I first make kofta (balls) is made with boiled potatoes and grated paneer. Crush potatoes and paneer and make balls and deep fry the kofta balls in oil and keep aside.
Making gravy is easy and fewer preparation steps. First, fry the onions and fry ginger-garlic paste, tomatoes and add species, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder mix well and fry for 2 minutes and make a puree of it. And keep aside.
Take another pan and add species given in gravy ingredients fry the species and pour puree item in a pan and stir well You can also add water in the pan for making a thick gravy. After gravy and stir well 2-3 minutes and Add a kofta (balls) in a pan. And stir for 2 minutes and turns off flame. Tasty malai kofta is ready to eat. Details steps to cook a recipe is given below.
After making a recipe I presented in front of my family member and my family member surprised and enjoyed a lot with recipe.
Malai Kofta recipe | Malai Kofta Curry
For kofta :
- 2 cup grated paneer
- 4-5 tbsp oil
- 3-4 boiled potatoes
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 9-11 cashews
- 9-11 almonds
For puree :
- 2 chopped onions
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- 2-3 chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2-3 bay leaf (tej patta)
- 2 inch cinnamon stick
- ½ tbsp cashews paste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ cup water
- 2-3 cardamon (elaichi)
- 3 cloves (lavang)
- ½ cup cream
- 1 tbsp fengugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
Making of kofta:
- Take a large bowl , Add 2 cup of grated paneer, 2 boiled potatoes in bowl and mash it well. You should take care about no lumps of potatoes.
- Add salt, garam masala, chopped cashews, and chooped almonds in bowl.
- Mix it well in bowl. And make small balls.
- After making balls coat with corn flour for crispy balls.
- Deep fry the balls in medium flame.
- Fry until the golden color of balls , keep balls aside in paper towel for oil drain out.
- Take a large pan or kadai, Add a 2 tbsp oil in pan and add a chopped onions in pan and salute them till the light golden brown colors.
- Now add a ginger garlic paste and salute them till raw smell of ginger-garlic paste.
- Add a chopped tomatoes in pan and cook them for 8-10 minutes in medium flame.
- Make sure do not burn them.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder and mix well for 3-4 minutes in medium flame.
- After mix well. Kept aside for cool them for blend in smooth puree,
- After cool blend the them in smooth puree you can also add a little water. And keep aside.
For kofta gravy:
- Take a large pan or kadai. Add a 2 tbsp of oil and add a bay leaf, cardamon (elaichi), cloves (lavang) and cinnamon stick and mix well and salute for 3-4 minutes in medium flame.
- Next, Add a blend smooth puree in pan and mix well. Mix until the boiling of paste.
- Add paste of cashews and mix well and cover with lid and cook to 10-12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes Add a garam masala, salt and half cup of water. And mix well cook to get boil.
- After boiling gravy add a fresh cream and kasuri methi and mix well.
- After mixing well add a kofta balls in gravy and cook for 2-3 minutes and turn off the flame.
- serves the yummy tasty kofta with naan, chapati, etc