Chicken pulao recipe is a delicious dish made with mild spices and this recipe. Chicken pulao is made with chicken pieces, veggies, spices and herbs. Chicken pulao is easy to make at home with less ingredient and less preparation time.
In this recipe, fewer spices are used not like the biryani recipe, in biryani heavy spices are used to make it more delicious and flavourful. This recipe is not only quick made but also delicious and awesome taste.
Chicken pulao is made in different ways or different style to make this recipe like some people use chicken stock to cook and south Indian people especially use coconut milk to cook this recipe and some people simply use water to cook.
The dish will look simple in colour because fewer spices and ingredients are used to make this recipe, not like biryani. The taste of the chicken pulao is simply a delicious and favourable recipe.
What is the chicken pulao recipe?
Pilaf, pilau, pilaw, polao or pulao words are different but meaning are the same. Different Words are spoken in different regions for the same recipe.
In pulao, there are many different types of recipes like chicken pulao, mutton pulao, vegetable pulao, aloo pulao etc.
Chicken pulao recipe have different names like chicken tahari, quick biryani etc. This is one of the rice recipes in which aromatic spices and herbs are infused to make this recipe.
Chicken pulao is cooked with simple ingredients and fewer ingredients. Chicken pulao is one of the best recipes in chicken dishes in Indian cuisine. Chicken pulao can cook in different style in different regions like Andhra style, Chettinad style, Lucknow style, Dindigul style and more.
Chicken biryani vs chicken pulao?
Many people confused between chicken biryani and chicken pulao and some people think chicken pulao and chicken biryani is the same.
But chicken biryani and chicken pulao is a different dish by there taste and making style. The main difference between pulao and biryani, pulao is made in one pot all ingredients are mixed and cooked in one pot while biryani cooked layered wise like boiled rice and other par-cooked ingredients are cooked in a different pot and mixed in the pot.
Both types of food recipe are famous in south Asian cuisine and both dishes made an admired name in world dishes.
In both dishes are made with rice and a variety of Indian spices but the preparation and cooking styles are different.
Biryani is a little harder to prepare and cook because the cooking process is long and multitasking. And pulao is easy to cook and prepare because the process is only in one pot. In biryani, spices are heavily used and in pulao spices are mildly use by the taste of both the dishes is fantastic and delicious taste. The texture of both Is different but awesome.
Benefits of chicken pulao recipe.
There are many benefits from chicken pulao recipe by ingredients because many ingredients in this recipe and each ingredient gives benefit to the human body.
- In boiled rice magnesium and selenium is activate enzymes for good health. Selenium develops a thyroid gland and makes a blood vessel functions in good.
- Magnesium develops enzymes that make connective tissues stronger and also produce new cells in the body.
- In cooked rice iron and cooper is presenting rice. iron helps to produce red blood cells in the body and copper helps in neurotransmitters for brain functions.
- Chicken is a great source of amino acid which very beneficial to build muscle tissue.
- Anaemia is a very big problem in nutritionists to deal with anaemia iron required in chicken liver iron presents in good quantity which google to deal with anaemia.
- Many beauty experts and nutritionists suggest that lack of nutrients can affect your body nail problems combinations of iron and potassium
chicken pulao recipe
- 1 kg chicken
- 1 kg basmati rice
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 4 onions
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- salt as per taste
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 cardmon
- 2 cloves lavang
- 2 bay leaf
- Wash basmati rice well and drain the water and keep for soaked rice.
- Marinate chicken pieces with turmeric powder, red chilli powder, 1 tsp oil, salt, garam masala, coriander powder, 1 tsp lemon, ginger-garlic paste, curd in the large bowl mix well. Keep it for 2 hours to perfect marinate.
- Take a pan add oil and heat it. Add bay leaf, cinnamon sticks, cardamom, cloves, green chillies in the pan and fry for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add chopped onions pan and saute until the golden colour in medium flame.
- Now add chopped tomatoes to the pan you can also add tomato puree in the pan mix well and fry until the tomatoes pieces get soft.
- Add 4 cups of water or stock water in it mix well.
- Now add soaked basmati rice in pan mix well. Cook the well until the rice full cook in medium flames. Check that rice will cook full. After that chicken pulao is ready to eat.