Matar paneer masala is the most popular dish in Indian cuisine. And this recipe is made with peas (matar) and paneer cubes (cottage cheese).
This recipe is specially cooked in north Indian regions.
Matar paneer masala is commonly available in every north Indian restaurant. Matar paneer is a special dish cook in winter season when fresh peas are available in season. It also cooks in the year with frozen peas.
Matar paneer masala is usually made with tomatoes, onions, paneer, peas and cashews paste. This recipe is easy to make in a hurry time or unexpectedly.
This dish made in two ways :
1. Dry matar paneer recipe.
2. Matar paneer curry recipe.
I shared a matar paneer curry in this post. Tomatoes and onions are made this recipe unique and tasty.
This recipe can be made with a different style.
Spices: Spices are used in the dish is ordinary and basic species are used in this recipe.
Onions: red or white both onions can be used in this recipe.
Tomatoes: use fresh red tomatoes to sweeten the taste.
Cream: can also use cream in the recipe for rich in taste and saucy taste. This is optional can also cashew nut paste instant of using a cream.
Peas(Matar): Use a fresh pea in the recipe and you can also use a frozen pea available in the market.
Benefits from Matar paneer recipe:
Paneer: there are benefits from paneer to the human body.
1. paneer has a great source of calcium. Calcium makes bones strong and also help in weight loss.
2. Paneer is low carbs and great in protein and slowly digested. Helps in diabetes.
3. Potassium in paneer can help in reducing high sodium content.
4. Also, reduce the risk of a heart attack.
1. Peas are a great source of protein. And also have fibre which helps in relieving of constipation.
2. Green peas are also helpful for diabetes, peas are rich in vitamin k for bone metabolism.
1. Raw Onions great valuable for vitamin c. And phytonutrients are present in onions it helps in the building of WBC ( white blood cells).
Tomatoes have a great source of lycopene. Antioxidants and vitamin C are present in tomatoes which helps in improves heart risks and also improves red blood cells in human body.
You can also use cream in a dish for a richer taste. It’s optional but you can also cashew nuts paste for replacing of cream.
Matar paneer is the most favourite fish in north India. This recipe is a great dish to add in parties, wedding and get together.
Matar paneer recipe is specially serves with naan, tandoori roti, basmati rice, jeera rice.
Making process of matar paneer masala:
Take a Pan (kadai) heat it add a oil in pan. and cumin, green chilies, onion paste cook until the golden color of the dish.
Add a ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder in pan. fry for 2 minutes.
Add a tomatoes puree in pan and stir well. Add red chilli powder, salt and mix well.
Add cup of water add a peas and paneer cubes in pan. mix well and Cook for 10 minutes. add a garam masala, coriander powder.
Check that paneer is cooked in soft. Matar paneer recipe is ready to eat.
Tips of Matar paneer:
- You can also like this Take a pan add 1 tbsp oil in pan add chopped onions fry until the light golden color. Add chopped tomatoes in pan and fry until tomato get soft. After that take a grind jar add pan items in jar and grind smoothly. Can use a this step in instant of adding onions and tomtoes seprately. For best and unique taste.
- Dish is ready when paneer cubes get soft and check by crushing a peas.
- Don’t over cook the peas.
Matar paneer masala recipe Ingredients and instruction.
Matar paneer masala | Matar paneer recipe
- 200 grams Paneer cubes.
- 200 grams Green peas.
- 2 tbsp oil.
- 2 chopped onions.
- 1 chopped tomatoes.
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste.
- 2 tsp red chilli powder.
- salt as per taste.
- ½ tsp cumin seeds.
- ½ tsp turmeric powder.
- 1 tsp coriander powder.
- 1 tsp garam masala.
- 2 green chillies.
- Heat a pan add 2 tbsp oil in a pan. In medium flame.
- add a jeera (cumins), onion paste, ginger-garlic paste in the pan and cook for 5 minutes in medium flame.
- Add turmeric powder in the pan and mix well. Add tomatoes puree in a pan and stir well for 5 minutes in medium flame.
- Add red chilli powder, salt and mix well. Cook in medium flame until masala leaves oil.
- And peas and 1 cup of water in a pan and stir well. For 3 minutes.
- Add paneer cubes in the pan and add garam masala, coriander powder in the pan and mix well.
- cook for 15 minutes in the medium flame. until the gravy starts boiling.
- Also, check paneer cubes get soft.
- And the dish is ready to eat. Serve with roti, naan, basmati rice.