Punjabi Chole bhature recipe most flavorful and spicy dish in punjabi cuisine. Chole bhature is india’s one of the most famous recipes. Chole bhature recipe is originated in northern india.
Chole bhature is also known as a chana bhature. This chole bhature is punjabi dish is most famous and most likely to eat all-over the india. This dish is definitely available in every North Indian restaurants.
chole bhature recipe chana is dipped in spicy and masala. Chole is spicy chickpea curry and bhature fluffy soft puri.
This dish is commonly famous street dish in delhi. This dish have their own taste in different places like delhi and Punjab regions. In some places this recipe is spicy.
Speciality of Punjabi chole bhature recipe is to serves as fresh and hot. By hot chole bhature real taste will get. And this dish is easy to cook and delicious too. In many restaurant bhature is big in size because they use a pan in big size.
What is a Punjabi chole bhature?
Chole bhature is most popular punjabi cuisine dish which is famous and most like to eat. Specially in cities like delhi, mumbai, Hyderabad. This dish is originated in punjabi regions. And people or person who eats first time definitely fell love with this recipe.
Punjabi Chole bhature recipe is a dish ful of spicy, chickpeas and taste. In dish boiled chana is cooked with onions and tomatoes gravy. In chole bhature recipe very mild or simple spices are used. And for bhature made with a flour similar with poori. But bhature has a less oily.
Tips to Punjabi chole bhature recipe :
1. Chole:- Making a chole soak a chole for over night and atleast 8 hours. After that cook a chana in pressure cooker until the soft chana. Use pressure cooker for fast cook. Don’t overcook or mushy.
2. For spices: spices is most key ingredients in chole bhature taste. You can also use a homemade or readymade spices. Ready Made spices are available in market use any famous brand. How to make a Home made spices given below.
3. Tomato and onions malasa:- For all indian curries are made with tomato and onion. For better taste and unique taste.
4. Bhature : Bhature is made with a flour like a puri’s. Make a bhature fluffy and less oily. For more tasty and unique you can also use a cured or yoghurt and can also use a cashew nuts paste in bhature.
If you want a lemony taste use a lemon juice in chole curry.
Commonly chole bhature is serves with naan, chapati’s and tandoori rotis and basmati rice.
You can also use ready made masala in dish. Ready made masala is available in shops. Then skip this step or process.
How to make chole masala.
- 1. 1 bay leafs.
- 2. 1 tablespoon coriander seeds.
- 3. 2-3 dried red chilli.
- 4.1 inch cinnamon.
- 5. 3-4 green cardamon (Elaichi).
- 6. 1-2 black cardamon( optional).
- 7. 4 cloves (cloves).
- 8. 6-7 pepper seeds.
- 9. 1 tsp fennels seeds.
- 10. 1 tsp cumin seeds.
Take a pan add a all this masala ingredients in pan and roast until the red colour of it. Take care not to burn.
Keep aside for cooling and after that take blender jar and add all of them in jar and blend in fine powder. Chole masala will be ready. Making a chole masala is also Easy.
Benefits: there are many benefits from a chickpeas.
chickpeas is great source of minerals, vitamins and fiber. Which is also helps in Digestion. Its also reduce a serval diseases. Chickpeas is rich in nutrients. Every gym trainers and gym personality consumes a Chickpeas for fiber and protein. Chickpeas is helps a lot in weight loss.
Puris vs bhatura.
Many people is confusion between puris and bhatura by its look it. Difference is puri is made wheat flour and bhatura is made with maida flour and for making bhatura yeast is used in flour for fluffy and soft. And puri is oily and bhatura is less.
Punjabi Chole Bhature recipe Ingredients & Instructions:
Punjabi Chole Bhature recipe
- pressure cooker
Ingredients For soaking and Boiling.
- 1 Cup White Chickpeas (Kabuli chana)
- water as per required for soaking.
- ¼ tsp salt.
- 3-4 cups water for Boiling in Pressure Cooker.
Ingredients for curry
- 3 tbsp Oil.
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder,
- 2 Onions paste.
- 1 Tomatoes puree.
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds.
- 1 tsp Coriander powder.
- 1 tsp Amchur powder, Optional.
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder.
- 2-3 green chillies
- 2 tsp Ginger-garlic paste.
- Salt as per required.
- 1 tsp Garam masala.
Ingredients For Bhature.
- 2 Cups Maida. (Flour)
- 3 tbsp Oil (For deep fry)
- ½ tsp Cured Or yoghurt.
- Take blender jar and add chopped onions and tomatoes pieces in jar blends in smooth you can also add a 1tbsp of water in jar.After blends keep aside.
- Take a pan add a 2 tbsp oil heat it. Add a cumin seeds, chopped green chillies fry for 3 minutes.
- Add onions tomatoes paste, ginger-garlic paste in pan stir for 3 minutes in medium flame.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chillies powder, salt as per required. Mix well.
- Add a 2 cups of water in pan. Add 1tsp garam masala, 2 tsp chole masala in pan mix well stir for 5 minutes until oil starts leaves in gravy.
- Add boiled chickpeas in gravy. Cook for 4 minutes in medium flame. Chole gravy is ready.
Making a Bhature
- Take a bowl add maida flour, salt, baking soda mix well.
- Add water mix well. Add yoghurt in bowl and mix well.
- Make a soft dough like a rotis dough.After making a dough cover with lid for 2 hours.
- Making a small ball from dough and spread a dough into flat with rolling pin. Roll a on dough make in circle shape. As you like.
- And take a pan add a oil for deep fry in medium flame. drop flat dough in oil. Deep flat dough will puffing in oil. Fry both the sides. Fry until light golden colour both side. Like this fry all dough in oil.
- Serves a chole bhature. Garnish with lemon wedges.